Bulk up your wholesale strategy
Comprehensive insights you need to build winning route-to-market strategies and customer business plans, and to build profitable long-term relationships within this channel.
The formal independent wholesale channel generates nearly 30% of South Africa’s total FMCG turnover. In the greater FMCG trade ecosystem, it is sandwiched between the manufacturers and their well-known brands on the one hand, and the plucky informal traders (spaza / superette owners) on the other. The channel is a critical enabler for the informal market, as well as an increasingly attractive and important retail choice of household shoppers.
This report provides suppliers with the tools and information needed to build a relevant route-to-market strategy and customer business plan within the formal independent channel.
NEW! Report includes wholesaler playbooks detailing the players – Build profitable long-term relationships!
Why Invest In This Report
- Get acomprehensive view of the size of this market
- Uncover all the dynamics that impact how to trade in this channel
- Build stronger relationships with independent wholesalers and retailers
- Contextualise retail trends that impact shopper behaviour in this channel, i.e., trader and household shopper behaviour
- Identify challenges and opportunities for your business in this sector
Who should buy this report?
- Route-to-market / go-to-market managers
- Wholesale service providers
- Trade marketing and channel managers.
Independent wholesalers/retailers profiled
We compare three FMCG Formal Independent wholesale / retail companies: Unitrade Management Services, Elite Start Trading Africa and KitKat Group
- Defining and sizing the formal independent channel
- Dynamics shaping the channel
Shoppers and their needs
- Retail trends
- Opportunities for stakeholders
- Supplier Opportunities and Considerations
Report EXCL. retailer playbook R 65 000
Report INCL. retailer playbook R 79 995
Ex. VAT and includes free seats to the online report unpack session
Ti Report Unpack (LIVE Online)
For report users only
02 November 2023 | 08:30 – 10:00
See more Trade Intelligence Products